Tonight as I was out walking, I couldn't help but notice all of my senses were overcome with joy. The sight of all the pretty leaves and the sound of kids out playing. The crisp, yet unseasonably warm feel of the air entering my lungs and blowing across my face. Even the smell of "Fall" was in the air. Not sure how to describe it, but here in Michigan, it's a distinct pleasant smell. Maybe it's knowing that apple cider and caramel apples are in season. Or that football is everywhere. Or maybe it's the fact that Fall represents another good summer coming to an end. After all, we've learned growing up that all good things must come to an end.
I thought about how God speaks to us thru the seasons. He shows that death is inevitable by all leaves "dying" and falling, but promises good things to come. When I see leaves falling, it makes me think about the natural things God provides. The leaves provide a natural fertilizer and ground protection. Yet, many of us (myself included) spend countless hours cleaning our yards so they can look "Wisteria Lane" perfect. We tend to fall victim to the procedures of everyday life instead of spending time listening to what God is trying to tell us.
I think with Fall, God tries to show us that it's time to sit back and relax a little from life's everyday stresses. Let your own "leaves" fall and just BE. God is promising us new life in the Spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment