Saturday, October 15, 2011

Happy sweetest day!

Here it is....sweetest day. I'm always "lucky" enough to have it right around my birthday. I say "lucky" like that because I struggle with days like Sweetest Day and Valentines Day. In my mind, it's another Hallmark type holiday. A day where people are SUPPOSED to think of their significant other and TELL them or SHOW them how much they mean to them.

I believe we should do that more than just 1 or 2 days out of the year.
Everyday is a blessing and should be spent thinking about the ones you love. Life goes by so fast and 1 or 2 days a year isn't enough to realize the importance of them in your life.

Although I would appreciate Tom getting me some mushy or funny love card today, it's certainly not anything I expect or get upset over if he doesn't. He knows me well enough to know I'm not a flower girl (although they are pretty, they don't last). He knows me well enough to know he doesn't have to buy me a card to tell me he loves me. He knows me well enough to know that although today is Sweetest Day, I love him every day of the year!!

So I challenge you to find the appreciation of the one you love everyday of the year.
Remember why you fell in love in the first place. Even the everyday "annoyances" they may bring to your life, all make up the reasons you love them.

No comments: