Not exactly sure what I was expecting at this stage in my life, but I can say that I'm perfectly ok with how things are. I tend to think of age as just another number. And honestly, 34 is a long time to have here on this earth. I mean think about it, the life expectancy of a dog is what..? 10-12 years? How about looking at it like this: Working for 34 years is a LONG time. Going to school for 34 years would seem like forever. Yet, losing a child who's only 34 years would seem like it wasn't nearly long enough. My point is, age is all relative. It's all in how you look at life.
I choose to look at life as each day being a blessing.
I'm happy to have 34 wonderful, blessed years here on earth. Sure, I certainly hope to have MANY more...but so far, I'm happy with what I've been given.
My 3 favorite guys surprised me at work today! Each of the boys had their own bouquet of flowers for me and they were SO excited to give them to me! Tom and I had a nice dinner out Friday night and tonight we're celebrating with dinner at home with his parents. Thursday my mom is going to take myself and my new sis-in-law out for dinner to celebrate both of our birthdays!!
So here's to a wonderful 34 years and wishing for many more!!
No comments:
Post a Comment