Wednesday, September 8, 2010

1st Day of Kindergarten

So summer has flew by and not one post by me. SHAME ON ME! My excuse: we were too busy having fun!! :-) Now that summer has ended, a new school year has begun.
My "baby" has officially started kindergarten. I was so glad when I learned he already had friends in his class. Hailey, Ashley, Onnyka and Chase are all in his class!!! What a relief! Ok..maybe it was more of a relief for me than him. :)


A friend of mine spied on both him and Hailey this morning to ensure they got to class. (Thanks Kristen!!) Apparently Hailey was leading him in the right direction, clenching him by the shirt! ha ha They found their way and Lukas ended up having a great day! School must not have tired him out too much, because he came home and had fun jumping his bike!

The beginning of a new school year always brings up so many emotions for me. My boy is getting older and part of me feels I didn't get to spend as much time with him as I should. It also reminds me of my time in school...which, wasn't always favorable. I keep praying my boys have a better experience. For me, kindergarten was hard for me to start. I cried for 2 weeks straight. They told my mom I wasn't ready (I had just turned 4). She assured them I would be fine...and after the 3rd week, I was. However, I was the ONLY kid in my class who didn't lose a tooth that year!! Very traumatic for a kid! (ha ha) I was able to go back to that teacher when I finally lost my tooth in 1st grade, and she gave me the famous tooth necklace.


I was proud of myself this year - I didn't cry. I thought for sure tears would be shed after seeing him get on the bus...but I didn't. I guess I understand it's all part of growing up..it's just that part of me wants to keep him little forever.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Glad to see you back blogging! I told myself I would start back when school started, I still haven't. (maybe this weekend!) Great post! This was a very big week for a lot of us, and I think we can actually say we survived it! Good luck to you and Lukas this year! I am sure he will do great! Keep up the great work Mom! Oh and AWESOME picture of him jumping!! too cool!

Kristin said...

I will stalk anyone anytime:)!! (well, only when it is for a good cause!). Keep up the great work being a great mom!!!