Before I had my boys, no one ever told me how hard it would be.
No one ever said there's not enough time in the day. Time to cook, clean, work 40+ hours a week, do laundry and still have time to spend with the kids.
No one ever said how tired I'd be after a getting up at 5:15am, working all day, getting home to make dinner, clean-up, give baths, read to them and get them ready for bed (and that's a non-busy night).
No one ever said my house would look like a tornado went thru it - every single day.
No one ever told me the guilt I'd feel about leaving my kids while I went to work (at least I have the best daycare EVER!) :-)
No one ever told me I'd feel like I never have enough time to get everything done.
No one ever said I'd feel like everything is left un-done and that I would only be able to accomplish just what HAS to be done.
No matter what no one ever told me....there was something they WERE telling me by saying nothing at all: They were telling me it's ok. They've been there. There will be a time when your house is clean all the time and there's no running kids to soccer practice, game, b-day parties, etc.
So...thank you. To all of you who never told me the struggles of becomming a parent. Because I know how little time we really do have with our "babies". The day will come too soon that the house is clean, orderly and quiet.
So for now, I'm going to learn to love my life the way it is. I wouldn't have it any other way!!
I love having to walk over toys to get from the bedroom to the kitchen. It means I'm blessed with 2 boys who have an abundance of people who love them and spoil them.
I love hearing them fight and argue because it means they are expressive and won't back down on things they believe in.
I love being tired at the end of a long day. It means I'm able to work and spend time with my family.
It's not easy to balance it all...but it is ALL worth it!!
1 comment:
Very well put and I could not agree more!!!
For the record, it STILL and ALWAYS WILL drive me crazy that my house can not stay clean for more than a few minutes!!!!
Post a Comment