It's been 7 years since Gram entered into Heaven. Still hard for me to believe really. I cannot express the size of the impact this special woman had on my life. She had a tremendous amount to do with raising me and for that I am eternally grateful.
Today - she would have been 90!! I can only PRAY to see that age! She was a hell of a remarkable woman in more ways than I can count. Thinking back, I can only recall one time where she lost her temper. She was full of poise, compassion and a good heart. She was more to me than my Gram - she was my best friend.
Most of my childhood memories are with her. Every year she took me school shopping which, in my teen years, meant a bus trip to Chicago. She took me to see plays, taught me how to ride a bike, taught me to love God and taught me how to treat people with respect and love them for who they are. She loved to play cards, dominos, gambling and traveling. Before her passing, her, my mom, my Aunt Di and I went to New Orleans. It was the last trip we took with her and I'll cherish it forever.
Gram was spunky yet sweet. I can remember having to completely get up from our seat in a restaurant because she decided she wanted to sit somewhere else. We left movie theatres before and entered another because she didn't like that movie we paid for. People would ask me how I tolerated her at times. I simply said, "She's lived long enough to do as she pleases. She's not hurting anyone anyway."

So - here's to you Gram.
If tears could build a stairway and memories were a lane, I'd walk right up to Heaven and bring you back again!! Missing you more with each passing day!
2 comments:
What a great post and HOLY CRAP, I thought that was Lukas in the bottom picture!! Boy looks like his mama!!
what a wonderful post about your Gram, she sure was an amazing lady and did an awesome job helping raise you.
Post a Comment