Yes - once again, it's been a while since my last post.
I have every intention of being better about this. After all - these are my memories I'm trying to capture here! Let's pray I don't erase them all from my mind I guess! Ha! :-)
This past weekend we headed up to the property in Baldwin so Tom could go hunting. Usually, I enjoy camping in the Fall - the smell of Fall in the air is WONDERFUL!! This time though, it was freezing cold with snow flakes falling! I couldn't believe it!! Nothing like going right from our "non-summer" weather directly to Winter! On a good note - Tom got a deer...a little button buck. On a bad note - he used some very expensive hunting equipment to get it - MY TRUCK!! Yup - on the way up Friday night this little guy decided to commit suicide. He ran smack into the side of my truck.
Lukas looked a bit scared and said, "Are we in trouble mom? Are the cops going to come get us?" Poor kid - I guess we've used the cops as scare tactics one too many times! :-) Needless to say, we got to the White Cloud Sheriff's, filed a report and we were on our way. Tom called insurance today and it's only going to cost us $100! SWEET!!
We've decided to host another Halloween party this year. I didn't realize people actually enjoyed it - but we've had SO many ask!! We really are blessed for having so many friends! This year I went a little overboard with the inviting. HA! I've found so many re-kindled and new friends thru blogging and FB that I figured - why not? It would be great to have everyone here. We'll have some games available for anyone who wants to play (get those butts ready for more bowling!) ha ha. Hopefully the weather holds off so we can have a bonfire going too. I can't wait to see everyone! Please remember - costumes are encouraged!! ;-)
On a totally different subject - prayers are needed for Tom's grandpa. I've been so lax on blogging lately that I didn't even post about him. He's in a nursing home right now - hoping to come home soon. Long story short - his house is heated with uncontrolled fuel oil and he has ALWAYS had it HOT in there - seriously around 100 degrees! He basically has cooked his own kidneys and when the pro-med team arrived there one day, his house was...are you ready for this?? 124 degrees!! This is NO joke!!! So - he's recovering and doing therapy - most days. He's pretty stubborn and has pulled some tubes out and so forth. Hopefully things will continue in a positive light.
Anyway - I guess that's all the new and exciting events from the Palmer household.
No comments:
Post a Comment