Sunday, September 20, 2009

Totally lazy weekend...

After my huge burst of energy with cleaning and painting last weekend, I have nothing to brag about for this weekend. Tom has been sick with a nasty sore throat/cold type stuff for over a week now. I ended up coming down with it pretty bad Thursday and by Saturday morning, I knew my weekend wasn't going to consist of much.

Tom headed to work Saturday morning and while he was gone, I managed to get the bathrooms and our bedroom cleaned. I napped when he got home while the boys were napping. Got up and thought a shower would help me feel better. It did - but not much. It actually took a lot out of me to shower. As the day went on, I found myself able to throw a load of laundry in, then sitting for a bit. Move the sprinkler - then sit a bit. My heart was racing, I was freezing and my throat felt like it was swelling shut.

We had his parents over for an easy pizza dinner since it was his dad's birthday. About half way through their visit, I had to go inside and lay down. I couldn't help it - I was feeling that bad. This morning I woke up not feeling a whole lot better - but really needed some groceries and medicine. Managed to get dressed and look somewhat presentable for the general public.

Got home - napped again with the boys (we all did actually). The medicine is kicking in even though I HATE taking that stuff. It's the severe cold stuff you put in hot water and drink. I must say, while taking it and for a while after - my throat was feeling great. I can take it every 4 hours and I'm hoping by tomorrow morning, I feel like myself again.

The boys have the sniffles and I think Lukas has a sore throat too. Poor things..I hate it when they're sick. So - a lazy weekend indeed! I'm just glad it's not next weekend when we had to Jellystone for their Halloween weekend!

1 comment:

Not your Happily Ever After said...

It's going around. The baby had something similar for almost two weeks. It was not fun at all. Hope you all feel better!