Thursday, September 17, 2009

So proud!!

The first week of preschool is behind us and I can now breathe a little easier. It's nerve racking sending your 41/2 year old to school and watching him get on the bus. However - he's done a GREAT job of getting on every morning and says he's having fun at school. So far I've received a painted picture - one red, one blue and one yellow. Not much too them - just an entire page covered with paint, but I LOVE them!!!

I would love to be a fly on the wall and watch him at school. I'm curious what he does at snack time. He's a picky eater (just like his dad) and they serve things like string cheese, cottage cheese, fruits and veggies. Out of that combination - there's nothing he will eat! Surprisingly, he told me he's tried a few things..but mostly decides he doesn't like them.

He's very tired when he gets to Shelly's. Although I know he misses playing with the kids - he so desperately needs his naps! (He's like his momma that way!) Today as a matter of fact - Shelly had to wake him up after 2 hours!! SERIOUSLY!!

I'm SO very proud of my big school boy!!

Another reason I'm proud - today Andon wore big boy underpants to my parents house with ZERO accidents! We haven't really been pushing it - but he's getting more interested. We're going to send underpants to Shelly's tomorrow - so let's keep our fingers crossed!!

3 comments:

Not your Happily Ever After said...

Yay for the easy transitions to school and hopefully potty training. Both can be a bit nerve racking.

Mandy said...

you have the same worries I did with Ryan last year and snack. He is very picky too! But he managed and tried new things, (that he would never try for me) and liked them! Way to go Lukas for a great first week of school! And a big ATTA BOY ANDON for doing great on the potty training! Keep up the great job MOM!!

jennie said...

Teagen has been crazy tired too!! She fights the nap because she really enjoys the time with me when Grady is napping, but ends up paying for it around 6pm when she can barely keep her eyes open!

Here's to potty training and a great year of preschool!!!