Waiting for the bus.
He was the first to get on.
And here he's getting off!!
All of my friends have told me how their gut ached, they couldn't sleep, they were filled with worry. All of these emotions overtook every inch of their soul when they sent their "babies" to school on the first day. Well - today was MY day. Lukas started preschool. Now - don't get me wrong. I wasn't worried about him actually attending school. I was worried about how he was going to like it, did he fully understand what it was like to ride the bus, would he make friends, would he behave..etc...
but my biggest concern was the my first born was growing up! I know they all do and it's a fact of life and that's what our jobs are as parents. But until I saw my 41/2 year old getting on the bus this morning, it just didn't hit me.
Lukas was SO excited! He was the first on the bus and Kendall helped him find a seat. I was SO grateful he was getting on and riding the bus with his friends. I had a meeting at work from 8:30-10:00 and you can guess what I was thinking about....how Lukas was doing. Man how I so badly wanted to go spy on him! ;-)
I decided to take lunch early and see him get off the bus. (Ok - so truth be told taxes were due and I totally forgot so I had to pay them before noon.) Ha! I'm SO glad it worked out the way it did because he was ALL smiles and SO excited!! I asked him what the best part of his day was and he thought for a minute, then said: "All if it!" WOW!! I couldn't be happier!!!
As hard as it is for me to see him growing up - it eases my mind to know he's enjoying it!!
Here's to my big boy!! I love you Lukas!!!
XOXO
4 comments:
your pics are fab! What a great day for so many of us! I am surprised that preschoolers ride the bus in your district. That would have been really difficult for me. It certainly gets a bit easier with each kid. I cried my eyes out with Summer, and my sister did with Kennedy too. Now its just a strong sense of pride. Just trying to enjoy this crazy trip of parenthood!
I am so glad that he did so good...not that I expected any less. It is hard to end on chapter and start another, but I think this chapter has LOTS of good in it just waiting:)!!!!
Good job Mom...one down one to go. Always know you are doing a GREAT job!!!
That last picture is just priceless. Can his smile get any bigger?!? Way to go mom!! You have raised a very confident little boy!
glad that he loves it, makes it much easier to send him back the next day.
Post a Comment