Saturday, July 18, 2009

Our Growing Family - Part 2

We decided to stay home ALL weekend and get things done around the house that we've been neglecting. I think it's the first weekend we've dedicated to staying home all summer so far!
Although Tom had to work this morning, we've been outside since he got home. I did a TON of weeding, mowed the lawn and was fortunate enough to pick some fresh green beans from the garden.
Andon was too busy on the swing to care about the garden or helping.
Good thing he's cute! HA HA


Tom was anxious to start on the new flower garden in the front yard, so he was busy with that. I'm hoping it looks like the vision we have in our heads!
We have a ton left waiting for us...I should be out there instead of in here. But a girl needs/deserves a break - right? HA! We're headed to Mackinac this weekend, so the trailer needs to get packed, laundry done and Meijers needs to get raided by the Palmer's before we can leave.
I did manage to read the 2 chapters due for my homework, but I have yet to start that.
I have a jewelry show Monday night so time is ticking....good thing I have all afternoon again tomorrow!
Here's a pic of the corn - you can see how tall it's getting!
Lukas wanted to pick it...
Our first little squash:

The carrots growing nicely:

3 comments:

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

Oh my gosh, I am so jealous! Your garden is amazing! Do you give lessons? Have a great week and a wonderful time up North!

Lea said...

Ha - the funny thing is...I know NOTHING about gardening! Other than dropping seeds in the dirt and giving them water! HA HA! I have to say, for it being the first time, I'm pretty impressed myself. Just goes to prove if I can do it - anyone can! HA HA

Shelly said...

im impressed with the garden. pretty cool watching things grow.