Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Look what Lukas did!!!

It's official....Lukas no longer requires training wheels!
I'm not sure what inspired him to be willing to have daddy remove them. All I can say is..he's a lot like his mother and if he's in the right mood at the right time..anything is possible! HA! :-)

So - here's the very unprofessional video I shot at less than a moment's notice.
We were camping at Grandma Mabels and I was busy cooking dinner over the fire. I could not see the boys (Tom was with them) when I hear Tom yelling for me. It was a frantic type yell..I thought Andon was getting sick. (He hadn't been feeling well.)

To my GRATEFUL surprise...this is what I see:

I'm SO proud of my boy!! I remember it taking me FOREVER to even be brave enough to attempt riding without training wheels. Thank God for my Gram who spent countless hours and attempts at holding me up while learning. I must have been around the age of 6 or 7 at the time (yes - sissy..I know!) HA HA!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

WAY TO GO LUKAS!! This is so great! Is that a Tonka bike? If so, Ryan has the same bike!! Thanks for sharing this awesome video!!

jennie said...

So very very cool! Goes to show ya that there are no set ages for kids to do things if they put their mind to it!!!