Our family is growing!!!
Not the way it might sound...we are literally "growing". Something came over me this year and I decided I wanted to plant a garden. Yes - me. Now..I've always been fairly successful in keeping a nice lawn and some flowers here and there. I can't say that I've ever attempted gardening..but for some reason it enticed me this year.
After a few weeks - this is what we have:





Not the way it might sound...we are literally "growing". Something came over me this year and I decided I wanted to plant a garden. Yes - me. Now..I've always been fairly successful in keeping a nice lawn and some flowers here and there. I can't say that I've ever attempted gardening..but for some reason it enticed me this year.
So I had Tom rototill a spot in the yard then went to the store and bought some seeds.
I was at class one night and Tom kindly dropped the seeds in the garden. Mind you - neither of us really have much of a clue how to do this. We planted corn, carrots, watermelon, lettuce, beans, squash and pumpkins. We've successfully grown pumpkins in the past so I'm hoping we'll have a great turnout this year too.
After a few weeks - this is what we have:




I enjoy checking on the garden every day to see what's "new" out there.
I can't wait to try some of the home grown veggies!!
I can't wait to try some of the home grown veggies!!
Figured I'd also include a pic of some of the irises in our yard too.

3 comments:
that is so cool...
I am so jealous, I kill everything that goes into dirt.
Our neighbors behind us (they are mennonites) grow everything in their backyard - corn, all types of vegetables, and even gorgeous sunflowers. I am hoping to get a lesson from her one day...but they share for now.
can't wait to see more pictures of your bounty!
This is so funny, I just went around my yard yesterday and took pictures of growing stuff! Good luck on your garden, thats my dream eventually:) Everything look great!!!
Great job on the Garden. And if you ever need advice or help I kind of live with an expert. :)
Post a Comment