Here's to another Memorial Day weekend gone by.
We did something our family LOVES to do - we went camping. This weekend we headed up to y Grandma Mabel's property just north of Baldwin on the Little Manistee River.
We were blessed to be accompanied by 2 wonderful sets of friends and their kids. Ironic thing - all of us have boys. In total - there were SIX boys who, by Monday were in DIRE need of a good long bath!! That truely is okay with me because it means they all had a wonderful time!
We did something our family LOVES to do - we went camping. This weekend we headed up to y Grandma Mabel's property just north of Baldwin on the Little Manistee River.
We were blessed to be accompanied by 2 wonderful sets of friends and their kids. Ironic thing - all of us have boys. In total - there were SIX boys who, by Monday were in DIRE need of a good long bath!! That truely is okay with me because it means they all had a wonderful time!
This is the view of the river from the deck.
I think it's quite possibly one of the prettiest quaint little place I've been. I grew up coming here and I guess that's part of it's charm to me. Although most of the cabins along the stretch have been changed dramatically over the years, my grandma's trailer remains the same. Believe me, it's nothing fancy..but that what makes it what it is.
Here's a pic of Andon kayaking with daddy. He was so tired that he actually slept the entire ride.
This is quite possibly one of me favorite pics of these two. They were just relaxing by the fire at the edge of the river. I had to take this to show how much of a "twin" Andon is to his daddy.
And here's Lukas just prior to leaving Monday morning. I told you they got DIRTY!!! ;-) I was thrilled to find our new camper has an exterior shower..it worked wonderfully to hose the boy down! HA!
I hope everyone had a great weekend! And we're looking forward to many more camping trips this summer.




5 comments:
Great pictures Lea! I love Lukas all dirty! That's the way a boy is suppose to look! Looks like you guys had a great time!!
oh my gosh, those pictures are priceless!
what awesome memories you all had.. so happy you had a great weekend! I love the pictures - I want to go camping now!! (or kayaking which I tried for the first time last summer and had a blast!!) have a good weekend : )
So Beautiful!
(I had a Grandma Mabel too, thats funny)
Great pics, I wanna see this fab new camper:)
Ahh...welcome summer and camping memories!!! It looks like everyone had a GREAT time. Here is to many more fun camping adventures this summer:)!!!
I love the pic of Lukas he looks like a little piggy. So glad you guys had fun. Here's to summer and our camping trip coming up. Can't wait!!!
Post a Comment