Last Saturday we had the WHOLE day planned. We were meeting up with Kristie, Dave & Landon at 9am and heading to the dunes. We packed snacks and a lunch and were off. About 10 mins up the highway, Kristie calls crying telling me they had to turn around because her grandpa had just passed away. Here the girl is apologizing to me for ruining the day! I'm like HELLO..you are NOT ruining our day, just get home and take care of your family. It's OK!! (I neglected to offer to take Landon with us...it was an after thought.) Anyway, we continued on since Lukas had his heart already set on it.
We arrived and drove around for a bit. There wasn't much activity that day since the forecast called for showers. We got out and let the boys play a bit. Andon HATED the feeling of the wet sand on his feet (I guess he's more like his mom that way).
Lukas had a GREAT time though!
He and daddy got out the big airplane kite and flew it around for a bit. Just as I took the kite string, a HUGE downpour hit..and there I stand in a thunderstorm holding a kite..NICE!!
I frantically pack up the boys into the truck, toss the toys in the back and we drive around. Soon after, the rain stopped and the sun peeked out for a bit. Daddy and Lukas enjoyed racing their toy trucks down the dunes while Andon and I sat in the truck and played. At this point, Andon wanted NOTHING to do with the we sand.
I wasn't surprised that the dunes were so empty - except for the few dirt bike riders and 4-wheelers. Those people were SOAKED but didn't seem to mind.
At one point during the brief nice weather, Tom bangs on the truck window and points to this:
He really IS the greatest hubby I could ask for!!
So - it wasn't the best day in the dunes, but it was OUR day.
The first of many trips up there this summer!!







4 comments:
Cool kite! glad you didnt go all "Ben Franklin" on us. LOL!
Your boys are such cuties:)
Lukas looks so big in all of those pictures. I am glad that you guys had a good time (minus the pooring rain...and the kite during the whole thing:)!). These are the stories that you will remember and treasure forever!!!
I have to say, that kite is awesome!!!
I love the picture of Andon.. oh, that made me smile. How sweet are your boys (all three of them!)
What a great way to kick of the summer...
thanks for posting!!
great pics, and great family fun :)
Post a Comment