Ok..in keeping up with my previous posts of wishing my friends happy birthday, this one is for Heather. (Her b-day was March 14th...yes, I'm a tad late.)
I met Heather while working at Howmet. (She says we met before that....I'll take her word for it!) HA! She tried reminding me of some classes we took together or something of that nature. Surprisingly for me, I didn't remember. (Sorry girl!) Even though she attending the 'Gue and I went to Whitehall, I wasn't friends with her in high school.
While working together, we became great friends. We used to enjoy darting to her "trailer" at lunch to nap or just spend the lunch hour gossiping as girls do. I got to know her pretty well. We enjoyed camping trips to Grandma Mabel's cabin and she helped TREMENDOUSLY during our wedding. That girl was out there the week before busting her booty to get things cleaned up for us!! She was WONDERFUL! She did my make-up on my wedding day, passed out bubbles, enjoyed the reception (maybe a little too much) and helped pack up gifts.
I like to think I helped her through some trying times in her life too.
We've reconnected since she left Howmet. She now has 2 more beautiful children in addition to Ariel and our husbands get along great (almost TOO well)! HA HA!!
She recently encouraged me during my first 5K and came out to jog it with me. Our kids LOVE playing together which is WONDERFUL! (Not everyone is as privledged to have an Andon or Melina in their lives!) HA!
Heather is direct but sincere, and someone you can count on no matter what. She knows our friendship will always be there, even if months go by before we talk again. We pick right back up where we left off!
So - happy birthday girlfriend!!
Here's hoping you got everything you wished for and MORE!!
Now - when's our girls night for a drink to celebrate??? HA HA!!
No comments:
Post a Comment