Saturday, February 14, 2009

Something to laugh about...

First of all - happy valentine's day to everyone!! I hope your special someone remembers you today!! In all honesty, the main reason Tom and I even celebrate valentine's day is because it's the day we started dating in high school. Otherwise, I feel like it's just another "Hallmark" day.

Secondly, I'd like to share with you a few laughs I had throughout the week. Don't get me wrong, my week hasn't been all that great, but I'd like to think about the things that make it worth it.

Monday, I pick the boys up from Shellys and she informs me, Lukas can not bring his big die cast car back there. She then tells me the story of why - he wouldn't share and he decided to hit Andrew in the back with it when he discovered him playing with it. I ask Lukas why he did that and he tells me Shelly is lying! Seriously! He's not even 4 and he tells me this. Right in front of her none the less! At that moment, Andrew's dad pulls up and I march Lukas over to him and have him tell what he did to Andrew. At that point, Lukas finally admits what he did and I tell him he gets no snacks for the night. Tom's parents come over and they always bring snacks. They hand one to Lukas and he whispers, "I can't have any because I hit Andrew with a car today". I was on the phone and I think to myself, "Thank God! He gets it!". Well, not so long lived because Lukas didn't think anyone heard him and proceeds to help himself. After I explain to him our deal, he doesn't have any snacks that night with little to no complaints. Wheew! Maybe this parenting this is paying off!!

Tuesday I pick the boys up and Shelly said, "Lukas was wonderful today. And Andon - well, it's a good thing he's cute". Great..now what?? My kids are close to getting evicted from daycare - I swear!! She tells me she walks into the family room and finds Andon covered in chocolate. She asks, "Andon, where did you get chocolate?" His reply, "POOP!". Yeah - you guessed it! He decided it would be great fun to play in his diaper!! LOVELY!! First time ever!! Lukas never did that! Seriously - his shirt was covered, his face was covered, it was in his hair, etc. We suppose he ate a good majority as well. So I get him home and he gets a bath.

Later that night we head to watch Tom play soccer. All was well until we're headed out the door. Tom's dad handed Andon a few M&M's. Andon started choking and the next thing I know, both he and I are covered in puke. Not just ANY puke...but you guessed it...puke from his "meal" earlier in the day! We get home and Andon has yet ANOTHER bath!! I swear - BOYS!!! They can be SO nasty!!! But - it's stories I can't WAIT to tell them when their older!! :-D

I'm sure there were plenty of other funny things this week too. For now, this post is long enough. This afternoon, Tom and I willd drop the boys off at my parents for the night. We're headed out to Red Lobster for an early dinner, late lunch then we'll do some shopping. I'm hoping we can rent Fireproof and watch it together tonight.

Happy Valentine's Day to all!!

2 comments:

jennie said...

OMG-Shelly needs a raise.
;)

Shelly said...

all I can say is that I am still gagging over the whole poop thing. If only you could have seen his face, he probably got a stomach ache from all lthe toothpaste I poured into his mouth!! Yuck that was a hard week for me!!!