Saturday, January 31, 2009

Nothing in particular...

I have nothing in particular to blog about today really. Just realized I haven't posted anything in a while and thought maybe I should. So here are some random thoughts in no particular order:

I'm trying to keep this blog up in order to have memories of things later on in life I can share with the boys. Ha - so far, the memories are all in my head! Guess I'd better find time some day to put them on paper.

This is the first weekend in I don't know how long, that we don't have anything planned. Tom didn't have to work today either so it's a BONUS!! I find myself getting more and more depressed over things in life and I'm struggling to stay my naturally optimistic self. One of our best friends lost his job Wednesday over something SO stupid!! I'd love to go into details, but will refrain in order to repect their privacy. All I can say is I've never understoon unions and after this ordeal, I'm even more clueless.

My boss told me Thursday and again on Friday, "I can't stress enough how much pressure the plants are under to make their dollars and how very fortuate we are to still have our jobs". Ok..great. I was worried before about our jobs in our office, but then she tells me that two days in a row?? Glad I'm going back to school. At least it's something to fall back on if/when something happens.

As I type, my wonderful husband has both boys outside running the mini snowmobile around the yard. He truely is a great guy, wonderful husband and an awesome daddy!! I'm very blessed to have him in our life.

I was fortunate enough to receive a bonus from work, so that's a VERY cool thing!! Especially right now with the economy the way it is! Instead of spending it on stuff we don't really need, here's the plan: We'll finally pay Shelly for their old treadmill. (Long story short - ours is broke, they're selling a perfectly great one. BONUS for us!) :-D I'm alo going to finally get some paint and tackle the living room and hallway. That portion of the house has not been painted since we moved in back in 2000. It's DEFINITELY time! And I love to paint. I'd love more than anything to get new carpet, a new fridge and a new dishwasher. However, new carpet with kids my age - not happening. New fridge and dishwasher - not a necessity.

So there ya have it. Probably more random thoughts than you were hoping for.
Enjoy your weekend!!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I cherish weekends that we have no plans.. I think that everybody who has a job is lucky right now. We just have to pray for a positive turn around... So glad that you are going back to school, I know it's something you have wanted to do for a while now..