Welcome 2009!! We kept our annual New Years Eve tradition going this year with another fun-filled evening at the Carnes house. It's something we've been doing even before Tom and I had kids. W've always been the type of couple who really enjoys spending time with other couples and thier kids - regardless if we had them yet or not. This year was really nice because Andon was actually old enough to play on his own and not have me sit and hold him the entire night.
We had a huge group this year. I enjoyed playing Wii bowling with Mr. Mott (that's what I call Brian), Kristen and John. (Ok..so John's player was taken over by Kenzie who ended up kicking our BUTT...) but it was SO much fun!! Others played a long game of Clue to which Shelly kicked some major booty in!! (Sorry Tom - but your guess was WRONG!!!) HA HA!
Here's a pic of the group of "hotties" we had this year.
(Minus Rich & Jr. who left early.)
Shelly once again out did herself with the food. She supplied the ham sandwiches, home made potato salad and her famous no-bakes!! YUM!! There was also Lisa's awesome salomi roll-ups, veggies & dip, cheese & crackers, chocolate chip cookies and plenty of alcohol! This year, no one ended up in tears or sleeping on the floor as the ball dropped. (Ahhh - memories!)
(Minus Rich & Jr. who left early.)
Shelly once again out did herself with the food. She supplied the ham sandwiches, home made potato salad and her famous no-bakes!! YUM!! There was also Lisa's awesome salomi roll-ups, veggies & dip, cheese & crackers, chocolate chip cookies and plenty of alcohol! This year, no one ended up in tears or sleeping on the floor as the ball dropped. (Ahhh - memories!)
I have to say, spending an evening with these girls is just awesome! These girls have been with me through thick and thin and they do not judge. We've been friends through "boy trouble" in high school, the "dark Darlene"stage, survived Miss Adams' gym class, engagements, weddings, babies and more. The summer of 2007 was a real struggle for me. Yet, these girls were absolutely amazing!! (Not many people can say they are good at being a P.I. on the side! HA!) I cannot express how blessed I am to have such wonderful girls as friends. So - to you, the "girls" in my life: Here's to adding many more memories to our friendship!!
Here's a pic of the group of "older" girls of the evening.
(Minus Katie who left early.)
(Minus Katie who left early.)
And to everyone else: Here's wishing you a happy, healthy and safe 2009!!


2 comments:
could not have said it any better, it is always a great time when we get together. I know that we all feel the same exact way about you Lea, you have always been there, we are all very blessed with friendship. Love ya!!! Here's to a good 2009.
What a great post Lea! You summed up the evening perfectly! Its so awesome to look back over so many years and so many events, and to have friendships that have been there through it all. I am so thankful to have all you girls in my life. And thanks to Shelly and John for hosting our annual event once again! We had a blast. (Oh and for the record I knew it was going to be that trashy Mrs scarlet with the candle stick! JK Shelly =))
Luv ya! ~L
Post a Comment