I've always enjoyed listening to kids talk. The older they get, the more wisdom they gain and the more interesting the conversations become. For those of you who don't know, Lukas is a chatterbox!! Seriously! I don't think he stops talking from the time he gets up, to the time he goes to sleep (and sometimes, he even talks then)!
Well, we've had some pretty darn interesting conversations lately so I thought I'd share them with you.
Tuesday night I usually go to Zumba class (an work out class with latin dance moves). This week I decided I couldn't go. My back has been hurting since New Years Day and I didn't think lying on the floor doing exercises would be helpful. So, the story goes:
Me to Lukas: Lukas, mommy isn't going to class tonight because my back hurts.
Lukas: OH. Do you know what you put on your back when it hurts mom?
Me: No Lukas, what?
Lukas: Gas. You put gas on it..that's what my dad says. Then it will feel better.
And to think..I had NO idea!! Where he got this from? NO CLUE! But it was NOT his father!
On the way to Tom's soccer game, Lukas talked the entire time.
Lukas: Mom, you know the other day when I was mad about my coat hitting my mouth?
Me: Yes?
Lukas: Well, I put salt on it so it would stick. Not the salt you eat, but salt. Now it sticks.
Me: Really? I didn't know that would work!
Lukas: Yeah, then I took my scissors and cut the top just a little bit.
Me: And where did you get these scissors?
Lukas: I've had them a long time mom. They were just my little scissors. Then I threw them away becuase they were disgusting.
Again, where does he come up with this???
It the midst of his story about the coat, he stops and yells to Tom, "Daddy, you're going to go into the ditch again!" Nice - not only does he NOT stop talking, but he remembers EVERYTHING!!
And last but not least; I put both boys in the tub after a VERY long evening with them fighting. I hear Andon crying yelling about his pee-pee. I walk in and see Lukas laying back in the water, calm as could be, chewing on a stick to his pirate ship. Andon's crying, holding his pee-pee saying, "Wukak poke". So I ask Lukas,
"Did you poke Andon in the pee-pee?"
Lukas: No, he's faking.
Me: He's faking? Seems to me he's crying because someone poked his pee-pee and there are only 2 of you in this tub. I'm going to walk out of the bathroom for a minute. (At this point of the evening, I was BEYOND frustrated with the yelling, crying, tattling and lying. Figured I'd better calm down before we continued the conversation.) When I come back, I'm going to ask you again what happened. I need you to tell mommy the truth.
Me after returning: Lukas, what happened to Andon's pee-pee?
Lukas: I poked it.
Me: What did you poke it with?
Lukas: This (holding up his stick from the pirate ship). But he's just faking mom, he's pretending.
Me: Really? Hmmm...time to get out of this tub!!
Amazing to me at his age, Lukas uses big words and uses them properly. He definately has QUITE the imagination and you never know what's going to come out of his mouth!! Gotta luv him!! :-D
I hope this gave you a good chuckle like it did me!!
2 comments:
I love it! You should have told about the pee wars!
My guess is that some kids listen to adults and adult TV more than others. That is Summer 100%. And then the things thay say...amazing!
Thanks for the giggles this morning, but I want to hear the story Shelly's talking about;)
Post a Comment