Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Very Merry Christmas Indeed!!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas and was able to spend time with their families. We started out Christmas Eve by having Tom's parents over. We had a nice meal and it was great fun seeing the boys get excited over "present time". Of course, we all know presents is not what Christmas is all about, but at their age, it's priceless to see their eyes light up.

Lukas got some snow shoes which he was anxious to try out. Andon even tried them on, but wasn't able to move to well. Andon got a lot of nice movies which he was excited about. I was happy to get my "Monkey Hooks", "ShamWow", electric toothbrush head refills and a flash drive. Tom thinks I'm crazy for asking for such strange things. I say it's stuff I need and stuff I'm going to use. Still, he would MUCH rather have toys. (Do men ever grow up??) Tom was happy and surprised to get a wonderful new coordless drill! I swear, his parents spoil us way too much!

Christmas morning we got up and the look on Lukas' face was absolutely PRICELESS!! Every store we went into before Christmas he was in love with all of the nutcrackers. (Yes, I'm aware that's a bit odd for a boy...). So when he saw just the ONE he wanted so badly, sitting there under the tree, he was SHOCKED!!



Andon was happy with his soccer ball but mostly was busy unwrapping all the chocolate from his stocking. They both got matching RC snowmobiles (which, btw one is already broke) and Lukas got a new Spiderman snowboard. Andon got a nice soccer net, some Legos and blow-up ball catcher guy. (He's supposed to be for outside, but he's since made his life-size appearance in the middle of my very toy-filled living room!)




I was shocked and very HAPPY to get a new Ski-Doo snowmobile coat!! It's been over 2 years since I sold mine and I've been sporting my Columbia coat while riding since then. That's not a bad thing, but Ski-Doo coats are definately made to ride at 60+ mph in cold weather better than any other. Tom was happy with this new snowmobile gloves and cordless screwdriver. (Ok- quick side story about that: The day after Thanksgiving everyone at Mendards was carrying them around. Just before checking out, I spot some and decide it's a great deal for $10. I couldn't BELIEVE I was getting Tom the cordless "drill" he wanted for only $10!!! After checking out, it dawned on me...this was a SCREWDRIVER...NOT a drill!! Oh well - for $10 he was getting it anyway!!) HA HA!!
Probably the most memorable gift I received was a beautiful red Christmas tree decoration from Lukas. He and daddy went shopping and Lukas said I just HAD to have that tree. He picked it out himself, wrapped it and had it under the tree for days before Christmas. He never told me what it was either! Christmas morning he was SO happy and excited for me to open it! I love this little tree and will treasure it forever!!



We then headed to my mom's for a fun filled few hours with my family. We were spoiled as usual....Tom got a new Ski-Doo modular helmet, I got some awesome snow shoes and the boys came home with more LOUD stuff!! (Thanks MOM!) Seriously...a guitar, drums, harmonica & morracas and a work bench with a HAMMER! Did I mention my mom has a spare room at her house??? So I'm wondering why we took it all home???? In all honesty, it's great knowing we are all loved so much. For now, my living room can stay filled with the tent, large blow-up catcher man and all the other toys. I'm off work until Jan. 5th and I'm going to use that time to enjoy spending time with my boys - all 3 of them!!!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT Christmas!!! and Lots of fun times with the families! The red tree is GORGEOUS!!!

Matt was wondering where you found the snow shoes! We have been looking for some (not looking really hard) for a while (on and off)!

Glad you had a GREAT vacation!!!

Shelly said...

Sounds like you all were spoiled this year, love that Lukas picked out a special gift for his Mommy, how wonderful.