Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cookie time!!!

Tonight was cookie night at the Palmer house. Surprisingly, it wasn't too chaotic and there were no tears! Lukas was really into it this year and was taking his time decorating cookies he wants to leave for Santa.
I was pleasantly surprised at how patient Lukas was while decorating. He even tried his hand at the frosting tools we were using. I think he did pretty good!!
Here are Lukas' cookies:
(We had to keep getting new knifes since he was enjoying licking them along the way.)

Andon was content for about 5 mins sitting in his seat eating some frosting:

Then he just got down and enjoyed some playtime alone. I think he actually likes it when he can play without Lukas.

Tom told me I was being too creative, I told him his cookies were crazy. I'll let you be the judge when you look at the pics at the end! He took extra time to decorate some cookies just for John & Shelly. (I promise guys - they were NOT part of the batch which Lukas kept licking the frosting off the knifes!!) I apologize for some sideways pics...they were not that way when I imported them...but you can still get the idea, and I'm SURE you can tell which cookies belong to my husband!!
Our cat, Robot, even got into the cookie making. Believe me when I say we do NOT typically allow him on the table. However, it made such a cute photo I had to snap one before I forced him to get down.



I guess we are now officially ready for Christmas! We still have a few more presents to wrap...seems we keep finding some we've hidden. (Opps!)
Tomorrow night we do Christmas with Tom's parents. They'll be over around 4, we have hearty snack foods and then off to 9pm service at church. Christmas morning after the festivities are done here, we 'll head off to my parents house for brunch. I'll bring the breakfast casserole and my dad will be cooking pancakes and bacon. Brian and Kristen will join us over there too. After that, we'll head home for naps and enjoy the rest of the day/evening with our boys.
Here's wishing each of you a WONDERFUL Christmas!!!
May you continue your traditions or blaze paths to new ones!!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

the cookies look great, are my cookies made with flour or powdered sugar??? just kidding !! have a merry christmas Palmers

jennie said...

Hey, nice cookies! Tom's are HOT!
I love in your new header pic that the cat is so impressed. I can only imagine what he's thinking.

Merry Christmas, Have a ton of fun!

Mandy said...

Your cookies are great! And of course Tom's are pretty cool, but not as cool as yours!!! Merry Christmas to your family!!