This weekend was a whirl wind of activity and it's still going on at this very moment.
I think we have more snow now than I've seen in my LIFE!! I hear we've exceeded 44" already and it's only December! I thought this past summer, people were stressing about global warming?? Interestingly enough, I think we're safe - for a while anyway!
Saturday morning, Tom and I and Lukas hit the trails on the snowmobiles for a while. It's was a 2 hour ride, so we left Andon home with my mom. Lukas LOVED it! We rode up to the Tee-Pee. For those of you who ride, if you haven't been there, it's a place to check out. Believe me, it's nothing spectacular, but it is pretty neat. George and Marge Babinec have it on their property and keep it up for all the riders to enjoy. It's on their own private land and they provide tons of cut wood to feed the stove and even keep up an outhouse (which us female riders really appreciate)!
Saturday afternoon, my mom and I took off to do some more Christmas shopping. Ok..she basically was just starting her shopping Saturday. This is very typical for my mom...but this year, it's been even harder on her since she's dealing with bronchotis. I was able to get a few of the last things on my list. I've been blessed with a WONDERFUL husband who has done most of the shopping this year. Not only did he do most of the shopping, he bought ALL of the wrapping paper and has wrapped the majority of the gifts. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE wrapping gifts..but time has seemed to somehow slip away from me this year.
Today after church John, Shelly and the kids came over for a while. We exchanged our gifts and the kids were able to play for a bit. It was nice having them over for a change. We usually all hang out at their house but then poor Shelly is left with all the clean-up. I then decided to venture out alone to Meijer. I was insiting on getting the last gift on my list which was not only on sale, but Santa Bucks were out. BONUS!! $207 later....I'm home and Lukas is anxiously waiting to start baking cookies.
I only work Monday and Tuesday this week, then I'm off until Jan. 5th. Other than possibly visiting Tom's Aunt Marcia, I think we plan on sticking close to home. We haven't heard how she's doing since she was sent home Friday with Hospice. We did get another dose of bad news...Tom's unlce Brad passed away early Saturday morning. They rushed him into emergency surgery and he didn't make it. Let's keep praying for a miracle for Aunt Marcia!!
Enjoy the rest of Blizzard 2008!
If you live in Michigan....you may as well find something you enjoy in the snow!! :-D
2 comments:
This weather is custom made for snowmobilers like you and for homebodies like me!
You have been a busy girl! But it sounds like you are still having fun.
Sorry for sad stuff. Why does it seem to always happen around the holidays? I have no clue, but its just so common.
Props to Tom for his shopping/wrapping duties! Gotta love that:)
This snow is crazy! And we are suppose to get up to 10 more inches today! Wow! Tell Tom that I know he is the one ordering all this white mess but if he could please just let up a little bit I'd appreciate it? LOL!
I'm so sorry to hear about Tom's uncle and Aunt. They are in my thoughts and prayers, as well as the family...
Enjoy your time off with your boys Lea (all 3 of them) and have a Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment