So off we went. Down the side road and into the trails behind the house. I was dreading having Lukas ride his own, but it tops out at 12 mph and he wasn't going anywhere NEAR that. Seriously - the spedometer on my sled never even hit 5 mph. Which was ok on one hand because Lukas wasn't going that fast, but on the other hand...have you ever rode a sled going LESS than 5 mph??? Ugghhhh!!! Anyway, at one point, Lukas literally stops in the trail in front of me. I run up to see what was wrong and he simply says, "I'm stuck". Don't know what that was all about because I hit his throttle, and off he went.
I get back on my sled and think to myself, it's nearing nap time and maybe he's getting tired. None the less, we keep going. We're only about 2 miles from the house so it's not like we've been riding for a long time or anything. At that point, I notice Lukas' head somewhat nodding. I chalk it up to being his mini sled in deep snow. NOPE! Right after that WHAM!! He runs into a tree!! (Don't panic...he was absolutely fine! The tree was wedged between the bumper and the left ski..nothing major.) I run up- he's bawling...he said he was fine. I ask him what happened....he just stares at me. I ask, "Lukas, did you fall asleep riding your snowmobile?" Get this - he says YES!! (Sorry Kristin - I think this outdoes Ashley falling asleep with her legs in the air!) ;-)
So - my 3½ year old has now added one for his book...he actually feel asleep DRIVING his snowmobile!!!
We headed home, took naps and then headed to Whitehall for the Christmas parade. After the parade, we head out to Lakeshore Sports Arena for some family skate. (Ok - so I didn't skate this time. I honestly didn't know how well the boys would do so I figure one of us should stay off the ice.) Lukas did GREAT! Uncle Brian was VERY impressed!! Andon - not so much, but he still had a blast.
I leave you with some pics of today......



4 comments:
You guys seem like awesome parents! You are always doing tons of fun stuff. Most would not believe you could do a lot of the things you do(like snowmobile and skate) with such young children. Keep it up. You just may make me stwp out of my comfort zone more often;)
I cant believe he fell asleep! Must be the hum of the engine!
looks like you guys had a good time ice skating, wish we could have gone but we thought with Alex it might be kinda tough, maybe next time though, still can't believe that Lukas fell asleep driving his snowmobile! crazy kid!!!
I love it!!! Yes, I agree, that SO TOPS falling asleep with your legs in the air!! I am glad that he is fine, but I am laughing at him right now:)!
Great job having family fun time. I want to take the kids ice skating, but Jimmy doesn't know how. I don't think that should matter, but you know boys:)!
Oh my that is funny! That is one goofy boy you've got. Hopefully he outgrows that before he starts driving a car ;) How cool that you took the boys ice skating, I never would have thought of doing that but I didn't know they had the bars for the kids to hang on too. We will all have to get the kids together too go ice skating soon.
Post a Comment