I haven't been in the greatest of moods lately and have a lot on my mind, so I must apologize for the lack of posts lately.
I was chatting to one of my friends at work today about all the funny things Lukas says to me lately. It made me chuckle so I thought I'd share some with you. Hopefully they make you chuckle too....
1.) Lukas is big into Jaws ever since we went to Universal Studios. He runs around the house pretending the shark is getting him. One day, he ran into my bathroom where I was changing, grabs a white hand towel from the closet and tosses it on to the floor. I ask him what he's doing. He replies, "Mom - white towels keep the sharks away!" (And to think I'm 31 year old and never knew that!)
2.) Lukas is also in love with "Honey I Shrunk the Kids". Ever since then, we have to tiptoe around the house upon his command so we don't accidently step on Nick and Amy.
3.) Lukas loved helping decorate the tree this year. He has now claimed almost every ornament on it as his own. One in particular has his name on it (spelled incorrectly of course because I had to be different). None the less, he loves it and carries is everywhere. The other day, he brings it to me and says, "Mom, I made this in church school.". I say, "Really? I didn't know that." He then proceeds to tell me, "I didn't finish it all the way yet. I still have to finish the other hand". (This is because one of the hands fell LAST year!!)
4.) Neither of my boys allow me to leave the house in the mornings without saying good-bye and doing our usual hug/kiss then blowing kisses routine. This morning, they apparently didn't get enough. As I was walking out to the truck, I hear the door open. There they are, both in their PJ's almost in tears because they wanted more hugs/kisses. Andon was SO cute...I gave him a hug and he said, "Wuv you". Now..How SWEET is THAT???
These are just a few of the wonderful things in my life at the moment.
I find great joy in thinking of these things - especially when things in my head have been so mangled lately.
I'm leaving you with one of the dozens of Christmas pictures we attempted Sunday after church.

3 comments:
Too funny! Kids say the darndest things right? I love it! Thanks for the smile!!!
So very sweet Lea. Just think how great its going to be to look back and re-read these posts on the boys. PRICELESS.
Lukas has such an immagination, I think it is wonderful that he loves to watch oldr movies. I often get excited for my kids to watch a movie that I used to love (Like ET) and they find it boring and I usually end up watching it bu myself. Sorry you have not been feeling the happiest, hope it passes quickly. Just look at your precious boys and see the blessings! Love ya!!!
Post a Comment