I want to first say, I am SO incredibly proud of Lukas!! He participated in his first ever program at church with his Sunday school class. A bit of background: The Sunday school class is for kids starting at age 4. Lukas has been attending with Hailey even though he won't be 4 until March. One of the teachers told me how wonderful he was doing last week. I figured seriously, it was because he was always there with Hailey. The test was about to begin....John & Shelly were taking the kids to Great Wolf and wouldn't be at church the Sunday of the program. I was betting Lukas wouldn't participate if Hailey wasn't there.
Tom and I dropped him off at 9:30 and sat around until church started at 10:30. In walks the Sunday school class and Lukas just followed right along. He did amazingly well during the program and did his part great!! The video I have isn't the greatest...the second part of the clip you need to listen REALLY close...Lukas speaks fast and as soon as the video starts.
Tom and I also did the lighting of the 3rd advent candle and I read that entire scripture plus the inserts in the bulletin. Everyone told me I did great - even though I inserted a word where it didn't belong..(oops!).
On a "bit of bad news"side....
Tom's Aunt Marcia has been battling ALL (a rare form of Leukemia) and has basically been in the hospital since July. We found out tonight she has been sent home with Hospice and is given 2-6 months. This is absolutely heart wrenching for me!! Out of everyone in Tom's family, she and her kids are the ones I am closest with - even though they live in MA. Marcia and her husband Chris have 3 biological children and 4 adopted children. The 4 youngest range in age from 6 to 14. This is a terrible thing for them to be dealing with - especially this time of year.
Also, Tom's uncle Brad is Panama City, FL has been in the hospital after having his 3 heart attack. It's still a touch and go situation for him, but today we found out he's awake!! This is HUGE for him. The Dr's have had him in a medically enduced coma to keep him from moving. They have a balloon in his heart and had to use the paddles on him at least 8 times that we know of. Currently his heart is functioning at 15%. (That is NOT a typo...FIFTEEN percent!)
Please continue to send your prayers to Tom's family...they all could use extra!!
2 comments:
I wish we could have been at church Sunday, the video is adorable. I feel so bad for all of you, I know we talked about this before it seems like every Holiday or around the Holidays someone either becomes ill or leaves us. I guess there is no right time for these things to happen but for once I would like to have a holiday that I don't relate to losing a loved one. I will continue to pray for all of you. We have to remember this is all in Gods plan for us, we must keep our faith. Hang in there! Love ya!!
I understand the confilct in your heart, between all the good stuff(the kids, holiday) and these really sad circumstances. I hope an pray for your family right now.
Video is so cute. You have a very sweet boy there:)
Post a Comment