For a few weeks now, I've been keeping a list of things I'm thankful for. I know..sounds cheesy. With all the chaos going on at work, I find looking at this list a way of stepping back, looking at the big picture, and remembering there is more I have waiting for me at home. (For those who aren't aware of what's going on at work, here's a very brief synopsis: Our office is made up of 11 women and 1 man. Over the past few months, we've had to go through special classes which I call "Group Hug/I love you/Let's all get along" sessions. This all stems from basically one person who wants everyone to be friends, no just co-workers, and will go out of their way to ANNOY everyone to be involved.) So - now that you all get the picture, I'm tired of feeling like I'm back in Jr. High.
Back to my list....
I thought I would share it with you. I realize there are so many more things to be thankful for than what's on this list. However, these are just things which popped into my head during the last week or so at work.
What I am thankful for:
* I’m thankful I have 2 beautiful, healthy boys. Not everyone is that fortunate.
* I’m thankful each of them love to snuggle in my bed at night because before I know it, they will be grown and snuggling with their wives.
* I’m thankful I have a wonderful, understanding, loving husband. He loves the “whole” me. He loves me at my best and loves me at my worst.
* I’m thankful I have a wonderful family who supports me, loves me, and jokes around with me.
* I’m thankful for my wonderful group of friends. Without them, my life would be so lonely.
* I’m thankful my friends are there for me no matter what. I’m thankful they do not judge me or criticize me. I’m thankful they are the support system they are.
* I’m thankful for my job. I may not want to be there for 9+ hours a day, but it pays my bills and puts food on the table.
* I’m thankful I have all of my senses. Not everyone is able to see, hear, smell, taste or feel. I couldn’t imagine a day going by without being able to see my children, hear them laughing or crying, smell their sweet skin, taste their yummy kisses or feel their tight embrace.
* I’m thankful for all the things in my life which I often take for granted – a roof over my head and heat to keep my family warm, food on the table, clothes on my back, a car that runs and that I’m able to put gas in the tank.
* I’m thankful for the time I’m given here on earth – no matter how much time that is. Everyday is a blessing and it’s up to me to choose my attitude about how I’m going to face each day.
* I’m thankful that I know I’ll be in God’s kingdom when my time on earth is done. I’ll reunite with all my loved ones who have passed on before me.
* I’m thankful I’m the type of person who always seems to find the positive in any given situation.
* I’m thankful for all the tribulations I’ve endured in my life. Each one of them happened for a reason and because of them; I’ve been able to grow.
* I’m thankful I had such a wonderful relationship with my Gram. The older I get, the more I realize just how much of an impact she had on my life.
* I’m thankful for all of our service men and women. Because of them, my family is able to stay safe.
Today is Thanksgiving. A time to give thanks...a time to reflect...a time to realize how blessed we really are. I pray each of you has a very blessed and safe Thanksgiving day. (And if you're one of the thousands out shoppng tomorrow...may you be safe and find the deals of your LIFE!)
No comments:
Post a Comment