A few years back I painted the kitchen this Big Bird yellow with a brown glaze which I love to this day. I also painted one wall in our living room a maroon with silver glaze. I personally like it, but the hubby - not so much. I wanted to keep the kitchen and on accent wall in the living room the same, so I was searching for a color that would go with both. Since we have this awesome rug in the entry way with the current colors, I worked with that. I decided on a brown..yup - brown! My mother thought I was INSANE for wanting to paint my walls brown and Tom wasn't so sure either. We decided on what I call a chocolate milk shade.
I started Saturday and finished yesterday with Aunt Di's help. Good thing we both enjoy painting!!The house is slowly getting put back together but I wanted to post some pics. (Keep in mind, ServPro literally picked up their equipment today after our water heater incident in the basement.) Yes - I tend to do things all at once!
This is the area above our maroon accent wall where the stairs to the basement are. I'm SO thankful Tom decided to climb up there to paint. I wasn't quite sure how we were going to get that area painted!
This is one of the kitchen walls where the brown butts up to it.
I had to have Andon's picture taken! He was "helping" us move stuff around to paint! Ha ha
This is a picture Andon took of the living room - not quite put back together, but at least you can see the color.
This is the maroon accent wall which I think looks good with the brown walls.
All in all, I'm glad I finally did the project. I love the outcome and can't wait to get it all decorated for the holidays!!
1 comment:
I l♥ve home decorating. I wish I had more time and that crazy MONEY thing to do more!!!
Personally, I love brown walls. I have a chocolate brown kitchen and chocolate brown accent wall in the living room. Love it...it is a color and it goes with basically everything. Win. Win.
Post a Comment