Thursday, August 20, 2009

Why Do I Blog? ("Stolen" with love from Colleen)

One of my other blog and real life friends posted "Why Do I Blog?". It got me thinking...why do I do it?? I started to leave her a comment, and quickly realized I was typing enough for my own post. Figured - why not?? My thoughts are real, raw and un-edited.

I hesitated for a VERY long time to start blogging. I'm typically a private person so blogging about my life wasn't easy. I was scared of what people would think when they read it. I was worried I might offend people. I thought people might pass judgement and but still "pretend" to like me. Things from my childhood kept creeping up. Then I figured, others were blogging and one close friend encouraged me strongly to join blogland. I think blogging helped her thru some things in life and figured I would enjoy it as well.

Guess what..I do! I don't care if I have followers either. I do it as a quick and easy way to document things in our life. Our everyday life, our cherished moments and our not so great moments. Life is about being REAL, being honest and having those who love you, support you.

I too have a hard time with some posts as I feel their not "raw". Everyone has heartache, good days, bad days and rough patches. Those who live their life thinking their up on a pedestal, are fooling themselves...but their not too good at fooling others. I love reading those who blog about everyday situations and life events. I think as women, we feel we have to keep it together too much and blogland for me, makes me realize others go thru much of the same things in life.

Blogger has also been a way for me to reconnect with friends and realize how similar our lives really are. It's also been a way for me to become better friends with people I never talked to much. It's been a place for healing, raw emotions, support and friendship.


I like to think of myself as an optimist and try to always find good in every situation. But, I appreciate that I can vent on blogger, and I get support from friends - not criticized. I love how I can laugh at everyday humor on here when I read others stories. I love how it helps me post things about my own kids for later reading when their older.

SO - regardless if you support my posts, criticize me behind my back, or love me for who I am. This is my blog and you have a choice whether or not to read it.

Thanks Colleen for the inspiring blog!! :-)

3 comments:

Not your Happily Ever After said...

Great Post Lea. Love you girl. It was good seeing you tonight!

Kristin said...

I could not agree more!!! It is funny how reading others blog make you feel not so alone. They too have crazy worlds and "bad" things...I like to see how they deal with it and know life does go on. I also LOVE to read the good and of course the funny!!!

Keep bloggin!!!!

Shelly said...

I have missed blogging and reading others blogs over the summer especially yours because I do know that you blog from the heart. I love that you are real and honest. I also know that this was difficult for you because you dont like to show that side of you. You have been through so much and come out better than ever :)