
We made it safe and sound to our campground around 9pm. This year we stayed at Mackinaw Mill Creek and it was HUGE. The perimiter of the campground was 2.8 miles! We had to either ride our bikes or drive to the pools or the nearest bathroom. Don't get me wrong..the campground was beautiful, but it was a bit too overwhelming for me. Our site was awesome! We had a beautiful view of the bridge which was amazing at night all lit up.
It had been 10 years since we visited the island so this year, we decided to go. We enjoyed the usuals: Arch Rock, Haunted Theatre, Turtle Park, The Butterfly House, fudge and sight seeing. (I must say, I was highly disappointed in Ryba's Fudge Shop on the island. They were rude and pricey!!) This year we discovered something we never knew was there - a crack in the island. Seriously - a HUGE crack you can WALK thru!! It was amazing!!

Poor Tom had the priveledge of pulling both of the boys in the bike trailer. It was too much for Lukas to ride his own. The boys did amazingly well and even snuck in a nap while being carted around.

Poor Tom had the priveledge of pulling both of the boys in the bike trailer. It was too much for Lukas to ride his own. The boys did amazingly well and even snuck in a nap while being carted around.
On one of our last biking adventures for the day, we passed this beautiful house. I noticed on the sign out front: Lakewood Cottage. I had to turn around and look again! Seriously?! So - I made Tom take a picture to show my friends since I get teased quite often about living in "Da Club". (You know who you are and I love you anyway!) HA! So see?? 

People in "Da Club" can afford beautiful things! :-p
We toured St. Ignace too and visited the Mystery Spot. The boys were still a big young to understand, but really enjoyed the outside maze. Stopped to the Weird Michigan Museum too - SO not worth it!
One day we traveled to Tahquamenon Falls. It's a must stop for us since it's where Tom proposed to me back in 1998. This year we didn't get to venture to the upper falls since the boys fell asleep. But we did walk around the lower falls a LOT! Tom somehow convinced me (and his MOTHER) to walk ACROSS the falls onto the island. I was SO nervous at first - worried one of my babes was going to go sliding down the falls. But..it was definitely worth it!! So amazing and beautiful!! We got back on main land just as it started to rain. WOW - amazing!!!
I SO love this guy!!!




1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had a great time despite the weather! A trip to the UP with the kids is on our "to do" list at some point!
Post a Comment