This morning I received another dose of bad news.
Family friends of ours lost their 19 year old son early this morning. Apparently, he lost control of his car around 2am went thru a fence, smashed into the side of the Howmet plant where my office is and flipped the car.
Now - if you go to wzzm13.com, there are a TON of comments to the story. Most of them get my blood boiling. Regardless of what the circumstances are around what happened, the truth of the matter is, a young boy is dead. I can't understand why some people #1 - jump to conclusions about things, and #2 - don't seem to take into consideration what the family is going through.
You see, they are friends of my family and my parents are very close to them. Within the last 6 months, they suffered a loss of another young family member due to leukemia. Before that, another family member lost her battle with cancer.
When I hear things like this, I can't help but feel compasion and sympathy for their entire family. My first thoughts were, what are those parents feeling? How are they holding up? What would I need most during a time like this? Well, I would need support, prayers and comfort from everyone around me. That includes people who don't even know this family and still choose to post uncalled for comments to the story.
I also think about my boys and what a huge responsibility it is being a parent. I wonder if they will out live Tom and I. I pray they do! I don't want to be a parent planning my child's funeral. I know it's creepy to even think about, but that's what this family is faced with.
So for those of you criticize me for letting my boys sleep with me - I'm going to hold them for as long as I can. For those who tease me for taking my boys with me more often than going out without them - I'm going to spend as much time as possible with them.
Today and everyday - I'm going to hug them just a little tighter.
My prayers are with Coty's family.
2 comments:
I agree Lea! Biggest fear of mine is losing a child or not being able to see my children grow up! People need to put themselves in the exact situation before running their mouth! Some of those comments on there were TERRIBLE!! I cannot even imagine what this family is going through!!
oh Lea...
I am so sorry for your loss.. and will be thinking of the family.
I can relate to the entire "viewer feedback posts" -a few weeks ago when my office at Calvin was robbed at gunpoint, I could not believe the crazy things that people were saying. Although this was a robbery and not a death, I cannot believe how people think sometimes. So insensitive, even more so when the family looses a loved one.
I will be thinking of them...
and you better believe I will be holding my children tight as well.
Post a Comment