Yesterday I decided it was time to go through the boys bedrooms and toss out the old to make room for the new. After all, in a few short weeks, Santa is sure to bring in more than this house can hold! Their bedrooms are very small which forces me to get creative when it comes to storage.
I went to Meijer and bought a few more canvas storage boxes and an over the door shoe holder. With all of the different shoes between the boys, I thought the best way to organize them would be to put them in there. Since the entry way to our house is basically non-existent, I need some other place to keep all the shoes. (One wouldn't think a family of 4 would have SO many!!)
I explained to Lukas we needed to go through all of the toys. The ones he didn't play with anymore, he was to put in a bag and we would give it to other little boys who didn't have any toys. Surprisingly, he did EXCELLENT with this. We ended up with a large garbage bag full of toys! I even had to sneak some back out. (I just couldn't part with some of the more expensive, less used toys I was sure Andon would still play with.)
Last night after Lukas was done playing with his toys, he was very careful to put them all back in just the right spot. Even today, he's telling Andon where things go..it's rather cute!
Below are some pics of after the cleaning.
Lukas' bedroom:





No comments:
Post a Comment