Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Welcome to 2013

Wow! An INCREDIBLE amount of time has passed since my last post.
I guess with FB now, it's easier to stay connected that way then post on Blogger. However, I had a urge to write today and realized, this Blog was created as my "diary". My way of keeping track of the details in my life that I don't want to overlook and certainly don't want to forget.

Since so much time has passed..I'm not even sure where to begin.
My boys are getting so big and so much more independent. Lukas will be 8 soon - March 12th!  I can't believe that my "baby" will be 8 years old!!  He's still a sweet, affectionate, sensitive boy who has a very special place in my heart.

Andon will be 6 in May...seriously, 6!!!  I'm shocked. He's really my baby! He's a little spitfire and always leaves you laughing. We've recently began calling him "Randy" from "A Christmas Story". Shelly actually gave him the nickname and it's oh so fitting!  He's always the last to get ready and usually ends up with crazy food issues like Randy does.


We're going to conferences tomorrow and I'm very excited to see what the boys' teachers have to say. Lukas' teacher LOVES him!  She's always telling us how good he is and threatens to take him home and send a few other kids home with us.  HA!  Andon's teacher is new this year and he seems to really like her. He still thinks kindergarten is boring and doesn't understand why they have to do the same thing everyday. LOL.

One of the most exciting things about 2012 was I became an AUNT!!!  I really didn't think my heart could have anymore love in it. But this little guy was born 10/11/12 at 7lbs 15oz, 21" long and seriously melted my heart!!
                                                       
He is SO sweet and SUCH a good baby!
I try to sneak some snuggle time in with him at least once a week.  I feel like I have a special bond with him since I snuggled him in the hospital. I got to stay for hours that night while daddy went home for a bit. Cameron and I snuggled in the chair and watched TV while momma rested. He must have felt pretty darn comfy with Auntie - because I changed 3 dirty diapers!  ha ha

On a health note:
I went to the doctor in Feb and had my cholesterol (among about a million other things) tested. After my dad's open heart surgery in Nov I am determined to change my fate. Since DNA really isn't on my side with that stuff, I wanted a starting point. Things weren't SO terrible...but definitely need improvement. So since then, I have been on the elliptical for 30 mins at least 5 times a week. I'm also fairly diligent about logging all my food so I know just how many calories I'm consuming.  I'm proud to say that as of tonight, I've lost 2" in my thighs and 2" in my hips!!  :)

So here's to a healthy start to a wonderful year!
There is SO much more I could write about, but for now...this is good start to picking up again.

No comments: