Thursday, January 28, 2010

Getting on with the list...


I can't say I've ever blogged with Q&A's before. However, I liked this one Jen posted so I couldn't resist...

1. What is your current obsession? Obsession?? Hmm...I tend to get obsessed with things rather quickly, then drop them just as quickly. Right now I would have to say I'm obsessed with checking Facebook. Lame - I know. But it's really the only way I keep up with friends lately. Again - lame.

2. What are you wearing today? Since I'm showered and ready for bed, I'm wearing my favorite PJ's. The shirt is one TOM hates..I think I've had it since high school or shortly after. It's SO comfy and has the perfect worn-in feeling.

3. What’s for dinner? I tend to make 2 dinners on Sundays to have during the week. It seems to make my week easier when getting home from work and entertaining the boys. So tonight...was leftovers! Not a huge fan..but again, it makes my life easier.

4. What’s the last thing you bought? School clothes for Lukas for next year. Thought I'd hit up some bargains while the sales were hot. Unfortunately, there really isn't much to choose from for boys. FRUSTRATING!!

5. What are you listening to right now? My husband telling me about his day. (I know..I should actually be LOOKING at him...but I'm a GREAT multi-tasker.) Oh - and Scooby Doo on TV.

6. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be? Again some might call this lame...but I really have no desire to move anywhere other than here in Michigan. It's one of the few places we get to enjoy different seasons which forces me to experience different outdoor activities. Although - I am a fan of the U.P...it's still in MI.

7. What is one thing you want to change about yourself? I wish my feelings didn't get hurt so easily. I know...I have a rough exterior...but I take things to heart and ponder things indefinitely. It drives me crazy because 90% of the time I look back and realized I wasted time worrying over nothing.

8. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? Just an hour huh?? Right now I would like to be sitting and chatting with my Gram. Man...I STILL miss her after 6 years!!

9. Which language do you want to learn? I know SOME Spanish...but I think I would like to learn some Italian. I think it sounds awesome!

10. What’s your favorite quote? Besides a few hundred from my Gram, I think I like, "If you always do what you've always done, you're going to get what you've always got". Not a clue who said this first, but it's SO true!

11. Would you cook for me? Sure..I can't promise it will be anything spectacular or even taste that great, but I'll cook!


12. What is the right way to avoid people who purposefully hurt you? Tricky question...the "right" way vs the way I currently handle it are two different things. I tend to kill them with kindness. From classes I've taken, the "right" way would be to approach them using "Crucial Conversation" skills. That only works so long before people look at you like you're a complete lunatic.

13. What are you afraid of the most? Hands down - something happening to one of my kids. I've learned to trust God on this one the most and believe He only gives us what He knows we can handle.

14. Who do you want to meet right now? Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. No clue why I just said that..but from interviews I've seen with them, they seem like such down to earth type people.

15. What is your favorite color? Purple. Always has been. No really clue why..but I LOVE it!!

16. Give us 3 styling tips that work for you. Wow - I'm no fashion diva that's for sure. But..over the years I've learned to wash my hair every other day..Jen's right..it really does style better that way. I've always picked out my clothes the night before (is that considered a fashion tip??) IDK...but it's helped me be more organized in the morning. And...make sure your clothes are age appropriate. Enough said.

17. What is your dream job? It used to be a teacher. Now..I'd have to say wedding planner. It's something I really enjoy and can get super excited about very easily. However...west Michigan is really not the place to do that full time.

18. What’s your favorite magazine? Not a huge fan of reading..but when I do, it's magazine's because I love the short articles and Q&A portions. I'd have to say Women's World right now.

19. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on? Sad to say..but bills. Since that's the amount I spent at the vet today..I could use it.

20. What do you consider a fashion faux pas? Button up shirts that are too tight over womens' breasts. It drives me CRAZY!!!

21. Who, according to you, is the most over-rated writer? Again - not a fan of reading. Do I even know a writer?? Hmm...I'd have to think about that. :-)

22. What brings a smile on your face instantly? My boys doing crazy stuff. I can be yelling at them..and they give me a look and I start laughing.

23. What is one word that you say a lot? Wow..this is a hard one. I'd have to go with "seriously". I find myself saying that a lot...seriously! ha

24. What kind of haircut do you prefer? There's more I prefer on others than on myself. I'm blessed/cursed (however you look at it) with this "pumpkin" head. I love short, out of bed messy looks on others...but I can't seem to make it work without looking like a giant jack-o-lantern. My current shoulder length, flipped out look is working for me.

25. What are you going to do after this? Sit in my La-Z-Boy, watch some TV and relax before dragging myself into bed.

26. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed? Unfortunately, not much of anythng. I get weepy and want to stay in my house for days.

27. What makes you go wild? Ha - I have to agree with Jen on this one - TOO many cocktails. (Especially when they are combined with a show called, "Thunder from Down Under!) ha ha

28. What are your favorite movies? Dirty Dancing, The Little Mermaid and I Love You Man.

29. What inspires you? Home improvement shows on TLC, DIY and HGTV. LAME - again.

30. What do your friends call you most commonly? Lea. Plain..simple...that's my name.

31. Would you prefer coffee or tea? Not a huge fan of either...but I can and sometimes do drink both.

32. Which other blogs do you love visiting? My friends. There's some others..but mainly people I know.

33. What is your favorite dessert/sweet? Anything chocolate. But..favorite I'd have to say is hot fudge chocolate brownie and ice cream. OHhh...or fried ice cream ONLY if it's good!

34. How many tabs are turned on in your browser right now? One.

35. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? Other than the usual which I'll save for my inner thoughts....my eyebrows need to be waxed.

36. What is your favorite season? Since I live in MI, I tend to find stuff I love doing in every season. However, spending time at Silver Lake Sand Dunes in the summer and/or camping is probably my favorite.

37. What is one wish that you really want to see come true? For my kids to grow up healthy and become independent, loving, caring adults.

38. What breaks your heart? A lot...but when I look into the eyes of a certain little girl that will never get to know her daddy. I swear I break down everytime.

39. What's one thing you really want to do in life? I would like to travel more with my family and friends. Family trips are great - but trips with girlfriends are needed just as much. They're good for the soul!

So if you are feeling game, please play along and post your list too!! I would love to see how you answer these:)

2 comments:

jennie said...

Yeah! This is great:) I ♥ Q & A!!

Shelly said...

love this, I'll have to do it when I have time.